Thursday 3 May 2018

Prelim task: Research Rationale

The research I will be doing for the fashion magazine would be helpful to design my magazine, as I would be getting an audience and market research. I have a wide access to range of different target audience such as girls from 13-16, as they are closer to my age group and attend the school where I go to currently. The school I attend also has a college which the age group is 16-18, I can ask them as they are older and know a bit more about the fashion industry. This will help me to gather information in what they look for in a fashion magazine and what influences them to purchase one.



I will be holding many types of research such as quantitative and qualitative, to help me plan my magazine front cover and content page. For the quantitative I will collect information that can be measured and written down with numbers, e.g. how many magazine readers there are. For the Qualitative I will gather information that cannot be measured, e.g. the audience personal interest and reactions. I will put together a mini survey and see what peoples interest are in fashion magazine, this data would help me gather enough information on what people prefer on a fashion magazine. 

To produce my research I will do a survey which will have many questions on it, this would either be filmed, if we have their consent or written on a paper if they do not agree with the video idea. This will then help me to receive a feedback from the target audience and create a visual image of what I roughly want on my fashion magazine. In one of my research I would have a focus group with many people, and interview them. I would show them a mood-board of different types of magazines and have their personal opinions on what they like and don't like in a fashion magazine. This will help me out on the layout of the magazine, as I would have different feedback from my target audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Product